SENIOR ARABLE / STOCK FARM WORKER
Date published: January 16, 2021
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team at the Talley’s Fairfield Farm. Talley’s Farming is a new division of Talley’s Limited based 10 minutes North of Ashburton, across the road from our existing Ashburton site.
Reporting to the Farm Supervisors this role will provide an opportunity to work with our Stock, and Cropping and Cultivation teams. Meaning no two days will be the same, and a variety of tasks will be offered including animal welfare, shifting stock, and driving our modern fleet of tractors and equipment.
The successful candidate will have:
• Attention to detail and take pride in completing tasks to a high standard
• Stock and animal husbandry skills
• Tractor operation experience (in particular, large horsepower tractors) including cultivation, drilling, Spraying, fertiliser spreading, and crop harvesting.
• Modern technology and GPS knowledge
• Basic computer skills and record keeping
• Class 5 licence (would be an advantage)
• General farm maintenance skills
• A can-do attitude
• Initiative and the ability to operate independently
• The ability to multi-task and adapt to ever-changing priorities
In return we can offer:
• A challenging but rewarding work environment
• Opportunity for individual growth
• Competitive starting remuneration rates depending on experience
• Plus on Farm housing available if required
Applicants will need to be legally entitled to work permanently in New Zealand. If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, please apply online now at https://www.talleys.co.nz/job-openings and include a cover letter and a copy of your CV, or alternately contact Geoff Roberts on 0274879867.