Community Support Worker Level 4 – Ashburton
Date published: October 19, 2018
Who we are
HealthCare NZ Rehabilitation specialises in providing injury related support, nursing and rehabilitation services throughout New Zealand. We are New Zealand’s largest ACC contracted supplier of home and community support services and a provider of ACC nursing services.
What is the Support Worker role about?
You will be supporting a young person who is blind and has a physical disability with all aspects of complex care needs and participate in meaningful activities in the community.
We require an experienced Support Worker with experience in providing high complex care:
- Personal support including showering, dressing, grooming and toileting
- Complex cares which includes hoist use and transfers
- Experience with PEG feeding care
- Accompanying our client to social outings in the community
We are looking for people with the following skills:
- Reliable, professional and trustworthy with the ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English
- NZQA National Certificate in Health and Well-being Level 4 or equivalent
- Ideally one to three years experience in paediatric care
- Have VCA clearance and available for immediate start
- Full driver’s licence and reliable transport
Working for us
As a company we are committed to our employees. We provide ongoing training and support with the opportunity to complete recognised NZQA qualifications.
We will offer you the following:
- Competitive pay based on qualifications
- Full induction and specific training for the person we support
Please bear in mind all applicants must be a NZ Resident/Citizen or have a valid NZ work permit.
So, if you are passionate about providing support to a wide range of people and think you would like a career with Healthcare NZ, then we would like to hear from you!
Mena he tangata ngakaunui ana koe ki te tautoko i nga momo tangata, tena pea, kei konei he turanga mou. Tukua mai to tono ki Healthcare NZ.
We have recently been voted fourth most attractive employer in New Zealand (2018 Randstad).
Please apply online and include a CV and covering letter.
To apply for this job, please go to our careers site https://careers.healthcarenz.co.nz/search and enter the job code 3747ASHBURT.
Applications close on Monday, 22 October 2018.