The Ashburton Guardian Personal Use Photo License
Terms and Conditions around purchasing photographs from www.guardianonline.co.nz
The following constitutes your licence to use photographic prints purchased from this site.
1. Ashburton Guardian Limited licenses the use of photographic prints purchased from this site (the Photograph) to you on the following terms and conditions. Please read these carefully because they will apply as soon as you have purchased or used the Photograph.
3. Except for the Permitted Purpose, you obtain no other rights in the Photograph, including the rights to reproduce, modify, sub-license, sell, display or distribute the Photograph. You will immediately discontinue all use of the Photograph on notification from Ashburton Guardian Limited.
4. Ownership: You acknowledge that the intellectual property rights in the Photograph belong to Ashburton Guardian Limited or its licensors and you will not dispute such ownership.
5. Warranty and Limitation of Liability: the Photograph is provided to you on an “as is” basis. To the maximum extent permitted by law, all representations, conditions and warranties (whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise), including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly excluded. Ashburton Guardian Limited will not be liable for any loss or damage however caused (including direct, indirect, consequential, special or loss of profits). If AGL becomes liable to you for any loss or damage, Ashburton Guardian Limited’s liability to you arising out of all claims for damages under this Agreement will not exceed in aggregate an amount equal to the purchase price actually paid by you for the Photograph: if you did not specifically pay for the Photograph, that aggregate is zero.
6. Indemnity: You will defend (subject to our discretion if we so choose) and indemnify Ashburton Guardian Limited against all costs, expenses and damages incurred in connection with any breach of this Terms and Policy agreement.
7. Breach of Terms and Conditions of Use: In addition to the above warranty, and for the avoidance of doubt, in the event that you breach any aspect of this User Policy Agreement that will comprise a breach of the Terms and Conditions Policy Agreement. We will then have the rights and remedies that arise under the Terms and Conditions of Use.
8. Governing Law: this Agreement will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of New Zealand.
9. Any refunds will be given at the sole discretion of Ashburton Guardian Limited management. Please email refund requests to